Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Terrible Hunger!


Some of you may have been reading my blog for a while. If you have, then you may have a feel for some of the ‘recurring characters’ that appear here. Handsome, Boss, Dad… You may even know one or two of my customers, if not by name then by action. This morning one of my co-workers told a story concerning one of my customers because he knew I’d find it funny. Let’s see if you can guess who he told me about.


“Yesterday, I went to the Little Store for lunch. I was waiting to place my order, and the lady was behind the deli counter, talking on the phone. I didn’t mind waiting, because it was obviously a business call, not personal.


‘We don’t deliver,’ she said. ‘And even if we did, I can’t leave the store right now. I’m the only one here. No. No. No, I’m the only one here. I guess you’re just going to have to come down and get it. Look, even if I wanted to, like I said, I’m the only one here, so I can’t leave the store. I’d have to close. It’s the beginning of lunch. No. No. I’m the only one here.’


Well this went on for like 10 minutes. It was brutal. Eventually the lady behind the counted said ‘Fine, fine, I’ll bring it. I’ll be there in about 15 minutes.’ She confirmed the street the caller was on, then asked the number. I thought I know that street! I bet I know who that is!


She slammed the phone down and looked at me and said ‘What can I get’cha?’


So I said ‘So, what does the Terror want for lunch?’


She looked all surprised and said ‘Oh my God, how did you know?’


So I said ‘It’s the terror. We all know.’”


Yup, that’s right, my favorite customer, the Terror was looking for a little lunch and getting delivery from a place that doesn’t deliver. Is it any wonder I sneak in and out of her hall way so quietly?


For those of you unfamiliar with the Terror, or just wanting a refresher course in ‘Terrible Old Women’, please see my entries titled: "Introducing... the Terror!" and "The Inspector and the Terror"


I’m just happy I wasn’t the one who had to deal with her!


Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment