Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter, everyone!

Easter, according to Wikipedia, the easiest and fastest source of information on the Net, is "is a Christian feast and holiday celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day after his crucifixion at Calvary as described in the New Testament."


Easter is also, according to what happened today, the day I try to eat enough to actually weigh as much as the stone Christ is said to have rolled aside upon His resurrection.


Rollo caramel candy and chocolate chip cookies for breakfast, followed by some leftover shepherd's pie from the refrigerator. More cookies. More Rollos. Just a few more Rollos before going to the in-law's for an early dinner.


Ham. Stuffed shells. More ham. Mashed potatoes. More stuffed shells. Chocolate silk pie. Chocolate mint pie. More chocolate silk pie. More chocolate mint pie. Just a touch more ham.


The drive back to the house where Handsome lives, all the while taking shallow breaths because there's not enough room left inside me to draw a deep one.


More Rollos. More stuffed shells. 


Take a test breath: no nausea.


Good.


More stuffed shells. 


I'm paused right now, breathing very shallowly, wondering what else I'll eat before I go to bed tonight.


I plan, on my way home tonight after tucking Handsome into bed for the night, to stop at the 24 hour CVS down the street. There I will buy the biggest bottle of antacid tablets I can carry, and I will take it home to snuggle with in my bed tonight. 


It might be the only thing that keeps me alive.


Happy Easter!


Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment