Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Backyard Blaze

Well, as a natural extension of yesterday's blog today I'm going to tell you how I'm going about disposing of that tree I took down.

Since it was already dead and had been for a while, all the leaves and small branches were already gone. I pretty much only have the trunk and one main limb left to deal with. And, having been dead for a while, the wood is, for the most part, pretty damn dry. Easy to break, too. Don't even need an axe or saw for a lot of it.  Just kick it and it starts to come apart in chimiea-sized chunks.

Did I say 'chiminea'?

Why, son of a gun, yes I did!

Yesterday afternoon and evening, and then again this evening after work, the little chiminea in the back yard has been all fired up (pardon the pun) with nice dry dead tree passing through it as fast as I can make it go. I went cross the street to take a quick picture with my phone. If you look closely, you can see the fire just visible behind the house...





Now, if there's anyone from the fire department reading this, I'll have you know that's just a joke. What I had in the yard was a nice, small, well controlled fire that would, much to Handsome's consternation, barely toast a marshmallow.





...and, of course, if you believe that I have this nice bridge for sale you might be interested in...









Talk to you later!

1 comment:

  1. God I thought you were serious I was wondering why I did not know about the fire or see it ..wow you got me...lol

    ReplyDelete