Monday, October 24, 2011

The Coffin Hop!

Yes, I know, you're all tired of hearing about the damn Coffin Hop! Well, it started today, so you won't have to hear about it much longer. I, as well as some other anxious writers, started last night. My Coffin Hop page is up and running, There you can enter to win a free copy of Dark Moon Digest #5 (The issue that I'm in), and all you have to do is fill out the entry form and hit ENTER. Each night, starting tomorrow, I'll be running a scavenger hunt through the Coffin Hop websites. The questions will be posted on my Scavenger Hunt page each night at 8:00 Eastern, and the first one back with all the answers wins the chance to be a character in one of my stories. Hopefully the story will eventually be published, but until that time I'll be sending each winner a PDF version of the story once it's complete. Five nights, five hunts, five winners. If I have anyone who plays... lol.
Also, I'll be running a "Chat With The Author", a small online chat on my Coffin Hop page, starting tonight and every night of the Hop at 10:00-10:30 pm eastern and running until I can't stay awake any longer. I gave it a shot last night and wound up talking to one other writer until nearly 4:00 in the morning.
Thank God this was my day off!
Even if you're not a writer, stop on by and say hi. I'll be there with something caffeinated to drink and some spooky stuff to read.

Yes. This will be a busy week for me. But fun!

So. With all this work, did anything funny happen to me today?
Of course!
Do I remember what it was right now, after being up until 4 and then working on Scavenger Hunt questions all day?
Uh....
Yes! Yes I do. Um, Handsome beat me almost to death with an empty 2-liter pepsi bottle while I lay on the floor choking on a ravioli.
Wait... I guess you had to be there.
I found out that the online Chat system I am using for my Author Chat randomly names the people who join in. They can re-name themselves, but frequently do not. Thus I spent quite a lit of last night and some of this morning typing in "Hello, Snookiepuss!" and "Welcome, SassyFrazzle!"
I started feeling like a bit of a dope.
That seemed funny to me at the time... of course, that was while and shortly after I stayed up until 4 am doing this stuff.
We'll see how things go tonight when I get it cranked up.
Maybe I'll see you there!

Talk to you later!

Co-ffin-HOP! Co-ffin-HOP! Co-ffin-HOP!
(Think I can get a human wave going here? Yeah... I didn't think so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment