Saturday, March 17, 2012

Invisible

So since all I did today was lie in bed, read, doze and try to breathe, I don't have a hell of a lot to blog about. I've lost 6 lbs since yesterday morning... but that won't carry the day. Instead, I think I'll tell you a quick little story about Handsome.

Now, this was way back when the boy was only 2 years old. I was doing whatever I was doing out in the kitchen, and he came toddling out with a concerned look on his face.

"Daddy, help."

"What'sa matter, Little Man? (we used to call him Little Man)"

"The TV's invisible."

"What?"

"The TV's invisible."

Now, I was surprised that he could even pronounce 'invisible', and I have no idea where he had gotten the word, but I was pretty sure I had never explained it to him. Besides, how could the TV be invisible? I was pretty sure this was just some little game he was playing, but he was quite serious as he took me by the hand and led me into the TV room. He pointed to the set and said "See? Invisible."

According to the sounds coming from the TV, one of Handsome's favorite shows at the time was on, something called "Little Einsteins". What was on the screen, however, was the Comcast 'Guide' function. he must have hit the button on the remote by accident, and now didn't know how to fix it.

What he did know, however, was that his show was there, and he could hear it, he just couldn't see it.

It was invisible.

Damn.

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment