Maybe it was the astonishingly loud sounds of a video game blasting through the house that did it.
Anyway, they spent almost 4 hours in Handsome's room playing video games. They were animated, talking (shouting) the whole time, and I was able to overhear much of their conversation.
Actually, I was unable to avoid overhearing almost all of their conversation. Even after I closed his bedroom door. All of it was at full volume, and Handsome's amps go to 11 (See This is Spinal Tap). Since I couldn't help but hear it, I managed to make a short list of some of the common words used by the boys, as well as definitions gleaned from hearing the word or phrase used in context.
- "Greetings, TF, so good to see you, glad you're here!"
- "Thank you Handsome, glad to be here. Thank you for having me."
(No, he did not actually call him 'Handsome', but if he did I would have laughed my @$$ off!)
- "Would you care to care to join me in this video game I am currently playing?"
- "Why, yes, I would! Thank you for asking!"
- "Excellent maneuver, my friend!"
- "Thank you."
- Dad, can we have some Cheeze-its?
- "Dad, can we have some Cheeze-its?"
- "I say, TF, would you care to partake of these Cheeze-its I managed to procure from my wonderful and generous father?"
- "I most certainly would. Thank you very much."
- "Thank you for coming, TF, I certainly enjoyed having you over."
- "Thank you for having me. I had a wonderful time. We must do this again sometime! Next week, perhaps?"
- "Excellent! I'll check my schedule and pencil you in!"
Honestly, it brought a tear to my eye.
Talk to you later, Dudes!