Monday, January 30, 2012

A Fan!

Handsome and Wife walked out to the dining room table this evening to work on some of his homework, and found a tittering, giggling ass sitting at the table. He had a wide, silly grin, and was rocking back and forth staring at the computer screen in front of him while he giggled like a little girl. He would occasionally point a forefinger at the screen and pause in his laughter just long enough to say, in a strange high voice, "they read that, and that, but not that. Not yet!" Then this weirdo would dissolve into laughter once more.

And he, in case you haven't figured it out yet, was me!

"What's so funny, Dad?"

"Well, Handsome," I tittered, "you know how I write a weekly flash fiction story for Vamplit, right?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, I do that to get little samples of my work out there in a more public way. I put my story on Vamplit, and on my website as well. Then I tweet about it. So does Vamplit. So does another website we use called "FridayFlash". With all that tweeting my stories are kind of put in front of about 400 - 500 people every week. They might read them, they might not, but they have access to them - we're all doing this in hopes of expanding our fan bases."

I was rubbing my hands together.

"And according to my website, last week someone in Kansas got to my website through the "FridayFlash" link, and after they read my Flash for the week, they went on to read almost half the other stories on my site."

I was clapping my hands quietly now.

"And the same person came back this week, read my new Flash, then went on to read most of the other half of my stuff!"

I turned and gripped him by the shoulders, staring into his eyes.

"Do you know what this means?"

He shook his head.

"I think it means I have a fan! WOOHOO!"

Handsome was released, and the weirdo began rocking and giggling again...

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment