Sunday, October 16, 2011

To Whom it May Concern...

If you are reading this, then it must be too late, and I am dead.

I'm just kidding! But it is October, and Halloween is coming. Check out the new big scary button to right over there. That will, once October 24th arrives, take you to join the Coffin Hop - a temporary network of up-and-coming writers in the Horror Genre. For the week of October 24th to the 31st you will be able to see new, fresh stories, see author bios, play games and maybe win some prizes!
What prizes, you ask?
 I have no idea.
Well, that's not entirely true. You may win e-books, print books, or maybe even have yourself written into someone's next project! You have to shop the Hop to find out, and the more you hop the better your chances are; your chances both to win some Halloween swag and find a new author you like to read!

I'm sorry, was there a downside there? Maybe I missed it.
Nope.
There is no downside, only Halloween fun!

Now, on to the serious part.
For those of you who have not been paying attention, I'm a writer, and a pretty good one. I've had one story published so far, but there is another one coming out next month and two in December. And I have a little thing going on with a Christmas anthology that's coming out next year... there's a lot happening! That's why I started a website for my fiction.
The website, called The Storyteller, is a place for people to find some of my stories as well as information about when and where I'm being published. WYMOP (this blog) is a fun thing for me, and a place for people to keep track of me from day-to-day, but it's not all about my fiction. So, from now on, if you're interested in my short stories (and longer stories) and publishable work, you can find it on The Storyteller.
Now, will there be something new there every day? No. Every week? Probably not. But maybe.
So, what I'd like people to do, anyone who is interested in good stories (and eventually I'll be showcasing other writer's work as well) to go to my website and become a Member.
It's painless, I promise.
Now, every Member of my website will get an email notice whenever I have anything there to report. You don't have to check it every day, you don't even have to remember that it's there! It's like Ron Popeil used to say about his rotisserie: Set it and forget it! You'll just get a little news email every once in a while, say at least once a month. How easy is that? Oh, and it's as secure as you want it - your email address does not, repeat not go out with the group email for all to see. No worries.

Now, I have to be honest: I'm hoping for a whole bunch of Members. Nothing would give me the warm fuzzies more than seeing 25-30 Members by next week! To this end, you can invite other people you know who like good stories. So you tell two friends, and they'll tell two friends, and so on, and so on ... wow, my old commercials are really showing, aren't they? But seriously, if you like good stories, or want to keep track of my ever-growing writing career, or even both, then please go join my site.

I'd love to have you! :-)

Talk to you later!

P.S. - Tomorrow, the return of the Funny. I promise. Well... I promise to try, okay?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure Handsome is very proud of you for paying attention to the hawkers and taking notes.

    You just never know what trivial knowledge will be useful someday, huh?

    ReplyDelete