Thursday, October 20, 2011

Serious Monkey Business

Sometimes this thing just about writes itself.
This has been one of those times.
I was sitting down to write you a little story about Handsome's changing taste in costumes over the years, and I think I still might. Maybe tomorrow, but not today. Today I went looking on the internet for some photos of costumes my son has worn in the past, preparing to give you all some sort of visual. I went straight to a costume store on the web, figuring they would have the best photos and a good selection. Maybe I could find all the pictures I wanted at one place - one stop shopping, as it were.
This year he is dressing as Freddy Krueger from the movie Nightmare on Elm Street. He's never seen the movie, but what the hell. So I searched the costume site for "Freddy". What came up was a picture of a young woman wearing their 'Sexy Freddy' costume, and, take it from me, Freddy Krueger did not look like that! If he had, then all those teen-aged boys he was chasing on the movie wouldn't have been running quite so hard.

If they ran at all.

Which I doubt.

Okay, fine. I'll refine the search. I backed out of 'Sexy Freddy', and entered 'Freddy kids' in the search field. What popped up was this:





I stared. I stared some more. I stared ... well, you get the point.
This, Ladies and Gentlemen, is the 'Search Monkey', and he pops up whenever the website search engine can not find what you are looking for. 

I had all sorts of things I was going to say about Handsome's costumes. I had all sorts of things to say about the Search Monkey. But they say 'a picture is worth a thousand words', so I'm going to save myself a while lot of time here.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Search Monkey!

'Nuff said.

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment