Thursday, May 5, 2011

Welcome to While You're Making Other Plans

Hi. My name's Rob, and this is my Blog.
Have you ever noticed that stuff is happening all the time, and most of it is unforeseen? Unplanned? The kind of stuff that takes you by surprise?
I have.
The old saying is that "Life is what happens while you're making other plans"... and that's what this is. This is where I'll be putting down the things that take me by surprise. That were unforeseen.  That happened while I was making other plans.
Some of them will be funny, some will not. Some may be downright sad... but I hope not too many. I'm the kind of guy who has to try very hard not to laugh at a funeral just because it always occurs to me just how wildly inappropriate it would be... and also hysterically funny. Stuff happens all the time in my life that just wouldn't seem funny to the people involved at the time, but that I'm noticing on the inside and trying not to let them see me laugh. Sometimes they see me laugh, sometimes they don't, but I'm hoping to fill the pages of this blog with just that sort of stuff.

Ok... I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm gonna go post this and see what happens. I may be back later today, I may be back sometime tomorrow... but I will be back. Probably after I finish making other plans....

No comments:

Post a Comment