Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Power of Music

Today I'm not even going to try to be funny, not in the least. Yesterday morning, as I was checking the weather before shutting my computer down to leave for work, something caught my eye. When I pulled my web browser to the front (it was hidden behind the document I was writing in that morning) it was showing the last thing I'd looked at: my FaceBook page. While I was writing, a writer friend of mine had posted a video, and it was now in my news feed, sitting right there in the center of my screen. Almost like it was waiting for me to find it. The title of the video was "Old Man in Nursing Home Reacts to Hearing Music From His Era". My friend's comment was a single, elegant word: "Amazing."

I clicked into the video, which is six and a half minutes long. I had intended to quickly scroll through and find the man's reaction, then click over to check the weather, shut this machine down and go to work. Instead, I sat here for six and a half minutes, watching the whole video.  By the end of the video I had tears in my eyes.

So I watched it again.

I never did check the weather.

If you've already seen this video on your own, or if you caught it when I re-posted it on FaceBook, then I apologize for wasting your time here. Step away from my blog and go about your business.

But for those of you who haven't seen it yet, and maybe those of you who just want to see it again, here is the most amazing six and a half minutes of video I've seen in a long, long time.



I'll talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment