Monday, August 29, 2011

Vacation - OVER

Today was my first day back to work after a week's vacation.
Whoop. Ee.
I was almost late for work.
Oh no.
I have a bunch of mail, a pile of big heavy catalogs, that someone told me we had on Saturday, but the person doing my route cut them.
I see.
My boss asked me to help out and do some of someone else's route, even though I'm on the list of people who aren't supposed to do that.
O.K.
He then instructed me to cut that pile of big heavy catalogs so that I'd have time to carry more of that other route.
Of course.
I had a 'Murphy's Law' morning, and everything that could go wrong did go wrong. I left quite late for my own route, never mind the large portion of a second route I took. My boss told me to be off the road by 6pm.
Uh-huh.
I'm all done now, having worked straight through and taken my lunch and breaks at the end of the day, trying to make sure I got the mail out and at the houses before people got home from work. Now, writing this in a parking lot with the sun beating down through the huge windshield they designed into the mail truck so that there is a greenhouse effect and I'm sweating (yay, I'm sweating!) into my eyes, I'm not going to get my full lunch and breaks and be off the road by 6pm. My boss, however, will not be there when I get back to the office. He says he has a life, and can't wait around for everyone to get back. As if I don't have a life.
Nice one.


Today was my first day back to work after a week's vacation.
Whoop. Ee.

About today... can I take a mulligan, or are there no take-backsies?

Talk to you later!

2 comments:

  1. I anticipate a post about a boss whose car wouldn't move because it was found with the axles suspended just high enough to lift the wheels from the ground on a huge pile of catalogs that were supposed to have been delivered last Saturday....

    ReplyDelete